- TCS Tech Bytes
- Project Awards
- Best Thesis Award
- CAC Lectures
- News Letters
- Latest News
BITES Best PhD Thesis Awards 2019
BITES invites Applications for Best PhD Thesis Awards - 2019
BITES invites Applications for Best PhD Thesis Awards - 2019 for the calendar year (01/01/2019 to 31/12/2019), from the Faculty members as well as Research Scholars from ECE, CSE, TCE, ISE, MCA and Other Branches of Engineering who have worked on IT related methodologies / technologies (or Computer Applications) in their theses.
Three best PhD thesis awards will be given one each in the following three broad categories:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Other branches (worked on IT related methodologies / technologies or Computer Applications)
Each award will carry Rs. 25,000/- cash prize and a certificate to the awardee + Rs.5,000/- Cash prize and a certificate to the research supervisor.
PhD thesis and other supporting documents will be evaluated by an Expert committee appointed by BITES and the decision of the committee is final.
The last date for receiving entries is July 31, 2020.
- Faculty members as well as Research Scholars, duly certified by their Head of the Institution, from ECE, CSE, TCE, ISE, MCA and Other Branches of Engineering who have worked on IT related methodologies / technologies (or Computer Applications) in their thesis are eligible to apply.
- Faculty members must be on the rolls of an institution in the state of Karnataka as regular faculty members. Research scholars should have registered as a research scholar in an institution / research centre in the state of Karnataka.
- Applicant must have obtained their PhDs from Indian universities in India.
- Applicant should have got their Doctorates (either provisional degree duly signed by the competent authority of the university awarding the degree or the final award) in the given calendar year (i.e., January 01, 2019 to December 31, 2019). Regardless of other parameters, one is eligible to apply if the viva was held during the calendar year 2019.
- Applicants must submit the soft copies of their PhD thesis for evaluation along with other supporting documents like citation index, list of publications, questionnaire etc.; that may be asked for the purposes of evaluation.
- Applicants should apply online on BITES Website (Application Procedure) and the same duly filled in hard copy (of application, marked "BBPTA - 2019) should be sent to Executive Director, BITES, #305, Second Floor, Aryabhata Block, IIIT-B Campus, 26/C, Electronic City Phase-1, Hosur Road, Bangalore – 560100