- About BITES
- Governing Board
- IT Quiz
- Project Awards
- Best PhD Thesis Award
- Past Events
- News Letters
BITES Project Awards
BITES proposes to initiate BITES Project Awards (BPA) Competition from the academic year 2018-19 as an annual event designed to identify and showcase the best student projects related to IT. The BPA Competition is open to students from all engineering colleges across Karnataka.
Awards include a cash prize of Rs. 25,000/- and a certificate for the winners, while runners receive a cash prize of Rs. 15,000/- and a certificate. A cash prize of Rs. 5,000/- and a certificate to the faculty mentor(s) shall be presented. Consolation / Appreciation prizes, if recommended by the jury, carry a cash prize of Rs. 5,000/- along with a certificate.
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
- The participation is open for registration to full-time students of engineering colleges, both UG and PG as well as MCA, who are studying in universities / colleges, for a degree in any discipline in the state of Karnataka. There shall be NO REGISTRATION FEE for participation.
- The Project submitted must be the project carried out by the students in the college and duly certified by the Principal / Director.
- Each project team may have a maximum of FOUR students with one of them being designated as the project leader for all communications with BITES.
- Each student can join only one team. All members of a team must belong to the same college / institution. However, team members may belong to different disciplines and years of study.
- A one-page project abstract, in the prescribed format, must be submitted on or before the prescribed deadline.
- The project abstracts are reviewed by the Jury to provide a few inputs / points to the project team for consideration while executing / implementing the project on or before the prescribed deadline.
- An extended project summary (at least 5 pages) of the project status, in the prescribed format, must be submitted before the prescribed deadline.
- An eminent Jury shall evaluate the project abstracts and extended project summary to short list the projects for final Awards Competition and shortlisted project teams must make a presentation, which includes a demo, to the jury at Bengaluru on the prescribed date(s).
For deadlines and details, please click the following link: