- TCS Tech Bytes
- Project Awards
- Best Thesis Award
- Lectures on CAC
- News Letters
- Past Events
- Latest News
BITES Project Awards
BITES proposes to initiate BITES Project Awards (BPA) Competition from the academic year 2018-19 as an annual event designed to identify and showcase the best student projects related to IT. The BPA Competition is open to students from all engineering colleges across Karnataka.
Awards include a cash prize of Rs. 25,000/- and a certificate for the winners, while runners receive a cash prize of Rs. 15,000/- and a certificate. A cash prize of Rs. 5,000/- and a certificate to the faculty mentor(s) shall be presented. Consolation / Appreciation prizes, if recommended by the jury, carry a cash prize of Rs. 5,000/- along with a certificate.
BITES is in receipt of project abstracts from student teams from various colleges.
These abstracts shall be reviewed by a team of Jury members that may provide a few inputs / points, wherever necessary, to the student teams to consider while executing their projects before submitting their final extended project summary on or before April 30, 2019 for final evaluation.
The eminent Jury shall then evaluate the extended project summary in conjunction with project abstracts and short list good projects for final competition which involves project demonstration, presentation and evaluation.
A chosen few shall be selected for award of cash prizes and certificates.
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
- The participation is open for registration to full-time students of engineering colleges, both UG and PG as well as MCA, who are studying in universities / colleges, for a degree in any discipline in the state of Karnataka. There shall be NO REGISTRATION FEE for participation.
- The Project submitted must be the project carried out by the students in the college and duly certified by the Principal / Director.
- Each project team may have a maximum of FOUR students with one of them being designated as the project leader for all communications with BITES.
- Each student can join only one team. All members of a team must belong to the same college / institution. However, team members may belong to different disciplines and years of study.
- A one-page project abstract, in the prescribed format, must be submitted on or before the prescribed deadline.
- The project abstracts are reviewed by the Jury to provide a few inputs / points to the project team for consideration while executing / implementing the project on or before the prescribed deadline.
- An extended project summary (at least 5 pages) of the project status, in the prescribed format, must be submitted before the prescribed deadline.
- An eminent Jury shall evaluate the project abstracts and extended project summary to short list the projects for final Awards Competition and shortlisted project teams must make a presentation, which includes a demo, to the jury at Bengaluru on the prescribed date(s).
For deadlines and details, please click the following link: